Ally is studying for the State Geo Bee in earnest these days. We don't know for certain that she qualified, but we're assuming she will. Today she's been pouring over maps of the provinces or states in Argentina, Brazil and China. I feel so proud of her, just watching her work. At this point it doesn't matter how well she does in competition, she's shown us hard working, persistent, self-motivated character qualities and in my eyes, that's success enough. Here's the quiz she prepared for you today:
1. An average of 50,000 ships travel the Bosporus per year; the Bosporus links the Aegean Sea to the Black Sea in what country?
2. The Dead Sea is between Israel and Jordan and is the lowest point on Earth; the Dead Sea is on what river?
3. Muslims make pilgrimages to Mecca. Mecca is in what country that has the largest oil reserves in the world?
4. The Babylonian and the Persian empires were in the Fertile Crescent between the Tigris and Euphrates in what present day country?
5. What country is between the Caspian Sea to the north and the Persian Gulf to the south?
2. The Jordan
3. Saudi Arabia