I think Ally is doing such a good job writing these geography questions that I've asked, more than once, to be sure they are really her own words. They are. Are they too easy? Don't worry. When she has worked her way through the US, we'll have her write harder questions. We are addicted to quizzing each other around here. Only now, it's not as much fun. Ally knows really obscure facts and we can't keep up. Yesterday I missed every question on Brazilian states. I do realize, if you live in Rio, these aren't distant places. But, well...I don't. And rivers? I know two in South America. It would appear there are a few more. I'm just saying, watch out. It's all fun and games until someone asks you to name the third largest city in Ecuador.
Quiz: The Southwestern States
1. The Rio Grande River cuts through what Rocky Mountain state, nicknamed the "Land of Enchantment"?
2. The Alamo, the armadillo, and the city of Amarillo are in what state?
3. This state rich in oil and home to the largest population of Native Americans, is also the end point of the 'Trail of Tears?"
4. The Painted Desert and the Grand Canyon are in what state, also home to the Petrified Forest National Park?
5. Big Bend National Park is on the Rio Grande River in what state, nicknamed the "Lone Star State?"
1. New Mexico 2. Texas 3. Oklahoma 4. Arizona 5. Texas