Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Little Bit of Saturday

It's a quiet Saturday afternoon of...

a game of Risk with Dad....

one player is on a team of three, one girl, two bears....

girlish dreams of writing a novel, sustained by a cup of tea...

and geography stacked on the widow sill, only one more week...

printing out Ray's Arithmetic and Arthur Scott Bailey for next week's school... 



 This week I've been thinking again and again of Exodus 33:13,
...let me know Your ways that I may know You ...
 These words stood out to me this week, and I've been praying them back to God.  When I know His ways He gives His presence and His favor.  He teaches His ways, Micah 4:2,
...Come let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob, that He may teach us about His ways and that we may walk in His paths...
Then He asks me to walk in His ways and I think it's an almost impossible calling from Ephesians 5:1 to
...be imitators of God...

I attempt the impossible only because the rest of Ephesians makes clear there are not words enough to describe the ways of God.  Paul resorts to speaking of the surpassing greatness of His power, great love, surpassing riches of grace, unfathomable riches of Christ, and the love which surpasses knowledge, filled up to all fullness.  God gives that which surpasses, fills and is unfathomable.  He gives Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment