We've been sick here this week, runny noses, sore throats and fevers. Today a week of sitting around is taking its toll and we are at odds with each other. This too is family. Days at home are all about read alouds, games, cooking and cuddles. Still, family life is just as much about patience, forgiveness and working through boredom. And I am going to remind myself of that over and over again today. This, too, is important work.
Ally has been taking advantage of these quiet days and spending extra time pouring over her atlas. Her stack of materials never seems to be farther away from her than the kleenex box. Creating this quiz was easy after the kind of week she has had.
The Quiz: Sahel
1. Lake Volta and Digya National Park are in which country, that used to be called Gold Coast and has the capital city of Accra?
2. The swamps of Macina and the states of Mopti, Sikassa and Tomboutou are in what Saharan country with the capital city of Bamako? Bamako is currently estimated to be the fastest growing city in Africa.
3. The Sakoto Plains, the Jos Plateau and the Niger Delta are in what country, where the official language is French?
4. Ouagadougou, the capital, and Bobo Dioulasso, a large city in the Masi Highlands, are in what country formerly known as Upper Volta?
5. With the Senegal River and the city of St. Louis in the north, the country of Gambia in the middle and the countries of Guinea and Guinea-Bissau to the south, what is this country?
4. Burkina Faso