Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Rain of Heaven

I have entered the Lord's land, my heart is a well watered vineyard.

Although in former days I watered my fields with my foot, pumping time and again, pumping the water of life onto the ground to bring fruit, God has called me away from my labors. He has given me a promised land. A land which drinks the waters from heaven, sent by the Lord's own hand.

Now it is not my labor, but the Lord's work that brings fruit. He sends the rain and the sun in season to reap a fruitful heart at the harvest. His eyes are always on me, from the beginning even to the end of the year.

Hold fast, He tells me. Listen obediently; let me never listen any other way. All my heart is His, all my soul is His, for love and for service. Hold fast, cling, never let go.

My heart is His garden, His work, His fruit.

From Deuteronomy 11

No comments:

Post a Comment