Hope you all are enjoying your week before Christmas. Tomorrow and Wednesday I'll post some photos of this place, tucked away in Colorado. It will be visual geography.
The Quiz: Africa
1. The Aswan Dam is on the Nile River, in what country whose capital is Cairo?
2. The confluence of the Blue Nile and the White Nile is in Khartoum, the capital of which country?
3. The Niger River is 3000 miles long from its starting place in Guinea to its mouth in Nigeria; which ocean does the Niger River flow into?
4. The Okavango River's delta flows into northern Botswana, eventually the water disappears in the Kalahari Desert; the Kalahari Desert is shared between Namibia and which other country?
5. Madagascar is separated from Africa by the Mozambique Channel; Madagascar is in what ocean?
3. Atlantic Ocean
4. South Africa
5. Indian Ocean