Wednesday, December 8, 2010

From the Couch

     I'm a little sick today and have spent my time reading on the couch, eating homemade chicken soup and drinking cups of ginger or peppermint tea.  I pointed out to Ally that many days I dream of laying around on the couch, guilt free, but when you're sick enough to really do it you don't feel well enough to properly enjoy yourself.   I am enjoying my book, How the Heather Looks: A Joyous Journey to the British Sources of Children's Books a fun adventure through Great Britain finding the places from which the authors drew their ideas.  Even better, it's a book full of books and my Amazon list is getting rather extensive.  There's no better way to spend a day than with a book.

1 comment:

  1. My husband gave me the letters of C. S. Lewis for my birthday. When you read them you find out that he looked forward to being sick! For just the reason you mention...he would surround himself with stacks of books! He must not have been THAT sick ;)

    ReplyDelete