Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Handmade


    Today I just thought I'd show you Ally's little owls she's been crocheting for Arden as a Christmas gift.  She's been working hard, sneaking them into the back seat of the van or waiting until he's otherwise engaged.




     They are inspired by the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, for our little man who loves battles, all sorts.  Ally crocheted  them and attempted to make some appear moon blinked.  She had a pattern for the larger ones, and reduced it to make the itty-bitty owls.


     Although we've been knitting for a few years, we're new to crochet.  My sister-in-law taught Ally this summer and introduced us to this amazing little book, Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet.  These little animals seriously are cute.  And the author has made it easy, even for people who just barely know what they're doing (like us), to keep up.  I'm planning to take this book along on our Christmas trip and use my free time on vacation to make a few cuties of my own.





      Do I dare repeat it?  And before I do, mention that I didn't make any gifts for my own kids this year.  I made gifts for some people on my list.  For others I shopped and bought, and it's good.
     Buying a gift is good, but making one is ten thousand times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment