Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Sewing

Playing with color: how can so many combinations be wrong?

There is a lot of living that happens at this table.


And paper chaos beside me. Once you're crafting, the more the merrier.

The grateful recipient of more than one paper Christmas gift.



Since it is already December and I'm wanting to sew something, my internet searches today all centered around quilting projects like potholders, trivets, and table runners. Projects that were small and quick, using fabric scraps and bits of batting so I wouldn't have to run to the store. Oh my, there is plenty of inspiration for my last few gifts. And so many, many talented people out there I should hide under a rock. But I did have fun.

So I thought I'd share a few of my favorite patterns, all quick and suitable for my girls to sew along with me.

Mug Rugs: These are super cute. Not super useful, but super cute. I'm thinking Ally will enjoy making these.
Placemats: I would have to buy more fabric to make these, and I'm trying to avoid that, but maybe you could pull it off. I'm tucking the idea away for spring.
Kitchen Gift Set: I'm not sure how to link right to it; scroll down and find the tutorial on the right. What a fun towel! Her quilt portfolio is amazing, not all to my taste, but amazing.
Pot Holders: This is a free pattern from the book Patchwork Style. I like this one because there is just enough information and lots of room for imagination.

We'll be doing a bit of stitching here. Just for fun. We still have plenty of time before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment