If you saw the title and thought these questions would all be about the United States, because what other country is in North America? You may be a bit surprised. Oh, yes, well, Canada too. True, but there are other countries as well. Stretch the brain and enjoy the quiz.
Quiz: North America
1. Which Central American country depends on the US dollar, relies on coffee as an export and has the volcano of Santa Ana?
2. The Islas de la Bahia, or the Bay Islands, are a tourist destination belonging to a country that also has the large city of San Pedro Sula.
3. La Citadelle Laferriere, the largest fortress in the western hemisphere, and a World Heritage Site, is in which country on one-third of the island of Hispaniola?
4. The Mackenzie River flows from the Great Slave Lake to the Beaufort Sea in which Canadian province?
5. The Ungava Peninsula is on the eastern side of the Hudson Bay in which Canadian province, that borders the USA?
1. El Salvador
4. Northwest Territories
Bria's note: I am often unfamiliar with places on Ally's geography quizzes and love to look them up, especially in photos. It's one thing to read about the Beaufort Sea and quite another to see it, blue and filled with ice. Beautiful. Today I looked up La Citadelle Laferriere and was amazed. Here is a link from Travel Adventures, scroll down and see photos of the cannon and the roof structure. Or, for a short history lesson, read the description on the Unesco site.