Friday, October 26, 2012

Cost Comparison

What we ate for dinner tonight:
  • White Bean Rosemary Soup (The author of this blog is a Mormon; I am not. Just so you're aware.)
  • Cabbage slaw with apples and apple cider vinegar dressing
  • Roasted zuchini
  • Buttermilk biscuits with butter and strawberry jam (these also fulfill the need for dessert!)
While we ate I did some figuring in my head. This dinner came in at around $4. It was quite cheap until I added the biscuits. The shortening and butter made the cost climb quickly. 

Last night, after his meeting, Bryan surprised me with a Decaf Grande Mocha from Starbucks. I loved the surprise. I loved the mocha.

At the table tonight one of the kids quips, "This whole dinner costs less than your mocha last night." You see, there is a certain amount of guilt in drinking away the equivalent of an entire meal to feed a family of six. Kids are very good at cost comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment