Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm Tired

Exhausted.

Done in.

Tuckered out.

Maybe it was all the stress of Christmas, or the joy. Maybe it was the thousands of miles traveled. Maybe it was late nights. Maybe it is a body that still thinks it is on West Coast time. Maybe it was 15 hours in the car. Maybe it was too much fast food. Or too much time with the kids.

I'm dragging today.

We started school. Laundry was almost caught up, presents were almost put away, and the meal list for the week was made, so we started school. A math book was lost. Brains were slow. By the end of the morning we had finished less than 2 hours of work. I hurried to the orthodontist after lunch, but I had read the calendar wrong. There was no appointment today. We have to go back in the morning to have a broken bracket fixed. And I just sent out my Christmas letters.

People all around me are talking about New Year's resolutions and goal lists for 2012. Groan. I want to go to bed. The ads are full of plastic containers, urging us to keep our resolution of an organized home. I fought just to make myself put away the Christmas ornaments this afternoon.

I'm not depressed, just tired. If that's what vacation has done to me, how can I get up tomorrow morning? Acts 3:19 says:
Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
 No wonder that was my favorite verse yesterday. I need times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment